Amazon.com Software Development Engineer- Test in Bangalore, India
Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant for customers in India . Our mission is to build a comprehensive solution for the India business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up.
Our QA team is responsible for testing the software produced by this group as well as measuring the overall health of our software in production. We have exciting opportunity and challenges that lies ahead of us as we continue to execute roadmap for this year. This is where you come in. If you are a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic SDET who is passionate about quality and ready to work in the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers, then this is the right team for you.
Responsibilities for the position
· Our SDETs will regularly work with Product Managers, Project Managers and SDEs to understand features and technical implementation.
· Drive the software development process towards quality-centric quality assurance and testing methodologies.
· Reduce test script maintenance, as well as improve and simplify quality assurance processes.
· Design, implement, document, and maintain test automation programs for large-scale, multi-threaded systems using programming languages such as Java and C++ in a Linux environment.
· Create software tools used to perform build verification and regression tests.
· Design and automate test cases and write test plans and develop supporting test tools.
· Participate in the development lifecycle, including the design review and code review process.
· Conduct regular regression tests on a periodic basis to ensure performance levels of production systems.
If you think you've got what it takes, apply today! We look forward to talking with you.
· A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
· Two or more years of SDET experience;
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools;
· The ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data;
· Experience writing test plans required
· Experience programming in Java and/or C++, C#;
· Familiarity with test automation frameworks such as Selenium or QTP
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail, including the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results;
· Innovation and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness.
· Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving.
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Experience with web services and mobile platforms
Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
AMZR Req ID: 577688
External Company URL: www.amazon.com