Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer (m/f) – To-Do Service Backend in Berlin, Germany
Job Location(s): Berlin
Do you want to be part of the team that has built one of the best apps in the world? Wunderlist has been awarded as the best productivity app in several markets, and now you can join the team building Microsoft To-Do, the next generation of productivity software.
We are looking for a skilled backend developer who is passionate about building scalable and reliable APIs and services. Move Microsoft To-Do forward by working closely with a community of engineers and designers, and contribute to an application that’s built upon a massively distributed and scalable backend used by millions of people. Help us create seamless task experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem and beyond. If you are motivated to keep learning and improving, let’s talk!
We want to empower every person to focus on the things they need and want to do every day. Our team values craftsmanship, learning, collaboration, personal responsibility, courage and purpose—we work for our users, not our egos.
· You have experience in building highly scalable REST services and APIs.
· You are reliable and responsible. You enjoy taking responsibility within your role and on projects you have initiated. You love to get things done.
· You are a clear and effective communicator, be it when you write code, write emails, or explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
· You are able and willing to work with teams located across the globe in different time zones.
· You are always looking forward to taking up new challenges and can mentor a group of highly skilled, dedicated and smart engineers.
· You build an app that millions of people love and use every day, helping them to be more productive and achieve their goals.
· Have a real impact, take on ownership of our service. Contribute to and improve the service that powers Microsoft To-Do, Outlook.com, and other Microsoft applications.
· Learn from some of the best people in the industry, a cross-functional international team. Get help finding mentors who support you and your growth.
· Grow your technical skills and learn about other technology stacks and disciplines. Investigate and play with new approaches that could be applied to our products (you are encouraged to use one day per week on this).
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance. Services (engineering)