Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC. Software Engineer - Java - U.S. Citizens and Green Card holders ONLY in Blacksburg, Virginia
Harmonia (www.harmonia.com) is a rapidly growing, award-winning HUBZone-certified woman-owned company delivering cutting edge innovative technology solutions to federal agencies and commercial clients.
Harmonia is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability Employer.
This position is for a DOD contract that requires employees to be a US Citizen or Green Card holder. Please do not apply if you can not meet this requirement.
Harmonia is currently looking for smart and self-motivated Mid & Senior Java software developers with the ability to take on and overcome challenges in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, design, and implement solutions for challenging problems.
- Participate in product design and planning.
- Maintain high levels of knowledge, skill, and competencies in software development for an extensive range of project types.
- Translate design requirements and specifications into successful implementations.
- Work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Create external design documentation.
- Ensure that projects meet high standards for quality and adhere to best practices.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Mid Level: 2+ years, Senior Level: 5+ years of prior professional experience including system analysis, software design, and development in Java or related technologies.
- Experience developing Web-based applications and web services.
- Experience with Relational Databases, such as SQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Maven, GWT, EXT-JS, AJAX, JMS/ MQ, XML, Spring, Struts, SOA, PKI.
- Experience with Bootstrap, Underscore.js, Require.js, Backbone.js, Sass, or JQuery is a plus.
- Experience with one or more of application servers, such as JBoss, WildFly, or WebSphere.
- Experience with Source Control Management systems, such as GIT (preferred) or SVN.
- Experience with Android or iOS is a plus.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration software build schemes.
- Understanding of Unit Testing and associated frameworks, e.g. JUnit.
- Strong software development skills, with a solid understanding of project cycles, integrated development environments, and source control technologies.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with peers in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science or related field, or 10 years of related work experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
We have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the US for the past 5 years running and were selected to be on the Fed 100 this year. Every bit of our success is the result of a team of incredibly talented, dedicated and focused professionals who are the heart and soul of Harmonia!
With offices across the country, Harmonia offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include paid gym membership, comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k) savings plan, and vacations and holidays.
Harmonia does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
***** No Agencies Please *****
Resumes should not exceed 3 pages.