Envigo RMS, Inc. Animal Care Technician in Blackthorn, United Kingdom
Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Consider joining us as an Animal Care Technician in our Operations department at Blackthorn. We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for… making a difference in people’s lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with…and for. Come and join us - we have an exciting future ahead!
Employees under this job title are responsible for the day-to-day welfare and care of breeding animals, as well as the maintenance of lab animal health and husbandry within the assigned facility. Animal Technicians are primarily tasked with maintaining food supplies for, and cage cleanliness of, laboratory animals inside a controlled environment facility.
How you will contribute to make a difference
- Operate to all relevant work instructions at a supervised level.
- To carry out daily care and welfare duties including:
- Daily welfare checks
- Record keeping
- Provision of adequate fresh food and water.
- To ensure cages and/or enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Provide animals with environmental enrichment.
- To be responsible for personal and colleagues' Health and Safety by observing company and legislative guidelines on safe working practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provision of weekend /bank holiday cover as required
- Ensure adequate supplies of food, bedding, and consumables are available for animals as required
- Working to Quality System Standard
- Ensures products meet customers’ requirements
- Teamwork throughout the work place
- Workplace cleanliness
Is this you? If so, apply today!
- Interest in caring for animals
- Attention to detail
- Good English communication skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic English reading skills
- Basic English writing skills
- The ability to perform repetitive tasks and manual dexterity required.
- Good hygiene required.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to reach, grasp, and bend
- Must be able to entry the unit through a closed shower point and work in a restricted work environment for up to 8 hours a day
Req ID: 5072
Location: Blackthorn, UK - Oxfordshire
Department/Division: Operations/ Production