Collabera CICS System engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
CICS System engineer
• This is an urgent backfill that will be reporting into the CTO of F&R. The position is contract to hire, and needs to at least start on-site in Brookfield, WI as a top preference, with Eagan, MN and Carrollton, TX secondary preferences.
• The critical component for their environment is CICS Plex/SM (CPSM) - an administrative/architecture tool used to host multiple versions of CICS.
• Experience with migrations would be extremely helpful as they are currently version 4 and would like to migrate to version 5 in the near future.
• MQ experience would be a huge plus.
Other helpful experience:
• IPCS experience analyzing dumps to troubleshoot internal issues.
• MainView for reporting
• Client is seeking a CICS Systems Programmer with a working knowledge of CICSPlex/SM architecture, support, and administration.
• As a core member of the Middleware group, the CICS Systems Programmer will be responsible for the installation, administration, and maintenance of CICS software components, MQ z/OS, and 3rd party software.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Perform all functions related to CICS
• Troubleshooting and problem determination
• Configuration, installation, and patching of software components
• Performance tuning
• Install and administer MQ z/OS
• Install and administer 3rd party software
• Work with software vendors for system support and problem resolution
• Coordination with other teams for installation of patches or other support related issues
• Provide 24x7 on-call technical support (on rotation)
• Participate in business continuance planning, testing, and execution
• Candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience supporting CICSPlex/SM and MQ z/OS
• Must be proficient with SMP/E and z/OS system utilities
• Strong performance tuning background and ability to make real-time adjustments
• Experience with BMC MainView and AutoOperator a plus
• Experience with various connectivity protocols (MRO, VTAM/GR, IPIC, HTTP/SSL, z/OS Sockets)
• Experience with Assembler, Cobol, and REXX a plus
• Experience with CICS trace facilities and IPCS a plus
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced, highly complex environment
• Ability to work under pressure to resolve complex system problems in a timely fashion