U.S. Army Material Command Industrial Property Management Specialist in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: The 408th Contracting Support Brigade supports all the contracting services for Area Support Group Kuwait, Area Support Group Qatar and multiple tenant units. The 408th is a team with a mix of military, Army civilians and support contractors. As a team located at Camp Arifjan and Camp As Sayliyah, they work closely with leadership on many issues affecting soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and DoD civilians. This position provides an opportunity to join an organization of dedicated personnel who are working side-by-side as professionals committed to supporting the war fighter.
Individuals selected for this position may receive a 20% incentive at the time of hire, and upon any approved overseas tour extensions.
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait This position will be filled on a permanent basis. Initial overseas tour is for one (1) year unaccompanied with possible extensions up to five (5) years. This position is unaccompanied. Furnished off-base housing will be provided. Domicile to duty transportation will be provided at no cost to employees.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As an Industrial Property Management Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve as a Property Administrator with full responsibility for surveillance and control over a large amount of Government property located at both large and small contractors within a geographic area.
- Grant approval or recommend withholding or withdrawing approval of assigned contractor's property control systems.
- Plan and implement the total property management system for the assigned contractors and surveillance/evaluation of the assigned property control systems.
- Identifies risk to the Government through risk-based assessment techniques in order to determine the appropriate level of surveillance.
- Determines the functional areas of property management, acquisition, records, movement and storage.
- Conducts investigations pertaining to assigned contractors' liability when the property is lost, damaged, or destroyed.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel is up to 15% of the time.
- Moving expenses may be authorized in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Internal Employees, Status Candidates and Veteran's Recruitment
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- This is an Emergency Essential positon.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: plan and implement the total property management system; identify risk to the organization through surveillance evaluation; provide advice to contractors to resolve problems; and prepare reports of findings from investigations to higher management.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Evaluating
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
If you are a current, Federal employee, you must include your pay plan, series and grade in your work experience(s) on your resume submission and/or upload supporting documentation (within-grade increase SF-50) to show that you meet time-in-grade requirement.
In addition, if your step reflects, '00' you must include your current salary for each position.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Foreign differentials may be authorized while TCS (Temporary change in station) to downrange locations, if applicable. For more information on Foreign Allowances please visit the Department of State website: http://aoprals.state.gov/Web920/location.asp?menuid=95.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- May require shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays and in other situations.
- Immunization screening is required.
- This position has been designated as non-critical sensitive as defined in DoD 5200.R, and requires you to possess, or obtain and maintain for the duration of employment, a Secret security clearance.
- This position requires you to satisfactorily complete an overseas deployment physical.
- This position requires you to possess/obtain and maintain a valid U.S. Passport and driver's license.
- This position requires you to travel within and potentially outside of country.
- This position requires you to work overtime, including 12-18 hour workdays.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at the intermediate level II in Acquisition Career Field, Industrial/Contract Property Management, within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position.
- Completion of mandatory acquisition training requirements for this position is a condition of employment.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- This is a Career Program (CP) 14 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Statutory return rights are granted for Department of Army employees.
- For other DoD component employees, administrative return rights may be granted.
- This position is Emergency Essential. You may be required as a condition of employment to take the series of anthrax vaccine immunizations to include annual boosters. May include other immunizations that may be required for this position/for a position you may fill as an emergency essential alternate. Failure to take immunizations may lead to your removal from position or separation from Federal service. Selection for assignments to this position will require annual physical examinations.
- Note: Key and Essential are not to be filled by persons with military recall status (one who is in status of a Ready Reserve, Standby Reserve or is military retiree subject to recall active duty).
- Government housing is provided.
- Temporary storage of household goods costs will be paid for 1 year assignments.
- Tour is unaccompanied.
- Recruitment or Relocation incentive may be authorized.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476705100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-12 to 2017-08-25
Salary: $62,722 to $81,541 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 1103 Industrial Property Management
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NCBG171788227281R
Control number: 476705100