tiag Network Engineer in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
tiag is hiring a* Network Engineer* to join our team in support of LetterKenny Army Depot in Chambersburg. This is a full time position with tiag, and requires and active Secret clearance to be considered.
General Functional Responsibility for the Network Engineer includes:
Provide assistance with all aspects of network management from network design through implementation and upgrading of existing networks. Analyze network characteristics, including traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput, troubleshoot problems, and recommend procurement of, and modifications to, network components. Other essential job functions include:
- Communicates effectively with client to identify needs
- Works with client to review and analyze network infrastructure and develop solutions that meet or exceed business goals for system availability, stability, security and agile growth
- Creates network documentation required to support the IT infrastructure
- Analyzes, evaluates, reviews and develops solutions to address challenges to implementation
- Contributes to development of work plans, meeting changing needs and requirements.
- Will establish and maintain close working relationships with project stakeholders
- Effectively communicates relevant information to superiors
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
Position Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Network Design and Implementation
- WAN/LAN Network Switching and Routing
- VOIP Phone Systems
- Wireless Network Configuration and troubleshooting
- Network and routing protocols and services
- Monitoring/Auditing of network infrastructure
- Software/Hardware Installation/Patching/Upgrades (Network)
- Initiative to complete tasks with little to no follow-on guidance
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet extremely short deadlines
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge/experience with Aruba Airwave wireless networking a plus.
- Experience with AirWave
- Experience with AirMagnet
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Experience with Wireless network troubleshooting
- Firewall configuration, analysis and Troubleshooting
- Network and Infrastructure Security
- Vulnerability Management
Department: tiag, Inc.
Location: Chambersburg, PA