Bodycote Site Engineer in Coventry, United Kingdom
Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a Site Engineer to carry out engineering and maintenance work on site, completing the necessary documentation and liaising with colleagues regarding projects, problems & health & safety.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- **May be required to work at other sites from time to time.
- Communicate with the Site Manager about projects, problems, health & safety, budgets, etc.
- Attend call outs, as part of a rota but depending on manpower sickness & holidays. Rotas are not fixed & from time to time are open to change.
- Carry out all planned & predictive maintenance tasks on time & accurately.
- Log all non-conformances, faults & errors into the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Work with the UK Engineering Manager or Deputy with projects for your site.
- Report any violation to Bodycote health & safety procedures, including deviation from permit systems.
- Advise areas where you require training.
- Ensure there is sufficient engineering cover at all times, including holidays and periods of absence (where reasonably practicable).
- When requested attend any of the UK sites to aid the Site Engineers in major reactive tasks.
- React if there is a problem during breaks & lunch (reschedule break/lunch).
- Stay after normal hours if contractors are working on site or there is a problem.
- Ensure all contractors working for you have up to date Public & Personal Liability insurance.
- Ensure all contractors working for you are using the correct PPE for the site & task.
- Ensure all contractors are aware of Bodycote site specific health & safety procedures.
- Ensure all contractors follow Bodycote permit systems.
- Any expenses claims are to be approved by your Engineering Manager.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience in production engineering would be an advantage.
- Electrically qualified.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your career*at Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. Please apply by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is *14 July 2017.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.