EA Engineering, Science, and Technology Environmental Technician in Hunt Valley, Maryland
EA Engineering, Science and Technology, Inc., PBC is seeking an Environmental Technician to provide support to the installation Hazardous Material (HM) Program at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Ohio.
Essential Job Functions -
- Provide support to the HM Program for “cradle-to-grave” tracking of all Hazardous Materials used on the installation.
- Work closely with shop and Hazmart personnel to ensure all HM is tracked in the Air Force’s HM tracking system (EESOH-MIS).
- Daily client/customer support, answering HM-related questions, recommending HM Program updates, and EESOH-MIS administration.
- Coordinate and lead Environmental team site visits of WPAFB shops.
- Provide HM storage and compatibility training to WPAFB shop personnel.
- Provide EESOH-MIS training and support to new hires and program users as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly HM team conference meetings.
- Support implementation of the installation Environmental Management System (EMS) as it relates to the HM Program.
- Provide analysis of HM datasets and custom reports using MS Access, Excel, and EESOH-MIS.
- Technical writing, including client emails, meeting agendas and minutes, updates to HM Program guidance and training materials, etc.
- Administrative tasks in support of the HM Programs such as file management and organization, uploading documents to local SharePoint sites, printing, copying, etc.
Essential Qualifications -
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access, etc.
- Ability to obtain 40 hour HAZWOPER certification.
- Must be able to obtain appropriate Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Education/Experience - Two years’ experience or post-high school degree/certificate in a related field, or combined equivalent experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene, or related field preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and actions simultaneously.
- The ability to comfortably teach classes of up to 50-100 people.
- The ability to understand and interpret legal and other requirements such as EPA, NFPA and OSHA codes, AF policies, etc.
- The ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Experience managing hazardous material or waste programs.
- Experience working at military installations or with military.
- Experience using relational databases and large datasets.
Location: Primary duty location will be on Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Minimal travel may be required.
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team-centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers, scientists, and consulting engineers.
Our culture values continuing education and personal development, and we offer competitive salaries, paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement, and a comprehensive benefits package including a 401k with ESOP.
Date Posted: 06/19/2017
Job Title: Environmental Technician
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Employment Type: 40hr FT