Google Tools Development Manager, Trust and Safety Engineering in Hyderabad, India
As a Tools Development Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
- Manage and develop a high-performing engineering team.
- Lead design and development efforts for abuse-fighting systems used within Trust and Safety.
- Work with product and engineering teams across Google to integrate with other abuse-fighting systems.
- Develop metrics to measure growth and performance of the the team.
- Execute special projects involving cross product abuse prevention, quantitative analysis, and strategy development.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years experience in Software Engineering.
- 6 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in managing large engineering teams in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience building strong engineering teams.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable and effective working in cross-functional environments.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.