Express Scripts PC/LAN Technician in Indianapolis, Indiana
The PC/LAN Technician is responsible for the day to day performance and operation of both PC and LAN hardware and software. The PC/LAN Technician installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs computer workstations and local area networks, monitors performance, diagnoses and resolves problems. The PC/LAN Technician provides accurate, timely and creative solutions to end-user computer and network problems. The PC/LAN Technician adheres to standard IT practices and techniques and follows established escalation processes for more complex problems.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of local infrastructure equipment which may carry data, voice and video communications to definedstandards.Coordinates with internal and external partners as required. Participates on call rotation as needed including nights and weekends.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs Windows or Macintosh desktop and laptop computer systems, peripheral equipment and mobile devices. Escalates unresolved issues in a timely manner. Configures and maintains Windows or Macintosh standard applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving hardware and software problems.
- Delivers exceptional customer service, proactively setting expectations with customers and following up appropriately. Manages service request queue and resolves daily hardware and software service and support requests. Adheres to established service level agreements. Thoroughly document work performed in ticketing system.
- Maintains and tracks inventories of hardware for desktops, laptops, thin clients and peripherals in the appropriate systems.
- Completes project tasks as assigned. Meets project dates are met. Schedules installations/ upgrades and provides system maintenance in accordance with IT procedures. Works on site specific department projects and/or sub-projects.
- Implements approved operating system enhancements and recommends system modifications to reduce user problems. Interacts with other support groups to restore service and /or identify and correct end-user computing problems.
- Escalates more complex problems/issues up the chain appropriately in a timely manner.
- Provides technical assistance to PC/LAN technicians from other sites.
- Follows process documentation and checklists to ensure standardization of work. Proactively recommends documentation changes if necessary.
- Assists with user and equipment moves along with occasional unloading of new equipment and disposal of old equipment to salvage vendor.
- BS in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 Years PC/LAN Technical Experience; Continued enhancement of Technical Skills through continuing education/seminars and interaction with other IT disciplinesGeneral knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, especially XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office; Apple computers and operating systems; networking switches and data networks; IP telecommunications systems;
- Audio Visual Systems
- Good communications skills, Previous customer service experience preferred; Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Possess in-depth knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role. Functions in complex environments with minimal direction. Solid individual performance while partnering with others. Works well through self-directed effort. Shares knowledge in area of expertise. May serve as a technical subject matter expert.
- May provide technical assistance to resolve operating issues.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.