Ingersoll Rand Service Sales Engineer - Inside Sales in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for all functions relating to supporting the Service Sales engineers in selection and pricing of parts, quotation generation for parts, AMC renewals, repairs & Sale of service activities.
Essential functions and responsibilities include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Coordinates service resources.
- Schedules personnel, materials, sub-contractors and equipment based on project needs, skill sets, and availability.
- Live updation of service tool for all service related activities including costing/quote etc.
- Interacts and communicates with all HVAC customers for AMC renewals
- Helps the Service Manager in maintaining customer satisfaction by investigating customer concerns, routing them to the assigned staff and responding to special requests.
- Coordinates operations interaction with the Parts Department and Acquisition (quotes), as necessary.
- Handling warranty claims w.r.t part identification
- Interact and resolve any technical clarification vis-à-vis quotes issued
- You would be a team member with front line responsibility for identification of replacement parts on all vintages of Trane HVAC equipment. In this role, they are often responsible for selecting expensive service parts. They must accept this responsibility and understand the consequences of their decisions.
- Required to respond professionally and courteously to all customer parts identification inquiries and have the ability to prioritize incoming requests by level of urgency.
- Required to problem solve, on the telephone, under pressure situations.
- Required to work effectively within Trane Company organizations, co-workers and with outside Vendor / Supplier organizations, to obtain parts identification support necessary for providing timely responses to customers.
- Your work is performed in an engineering environment using computer tools and product knowledge.
- You must exhibit skills to quickly and efficiently view parts lists, part numbers, part attributes, bill of materials using WebCATS, PRIDE, Mercury and other business unit systems.
- You should be Personal Computer literate within a Windows environment. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) software desirable. MS Exchange is the communication tool used in the office environment.
- Order entry to factory in oracle based tool
- Ensure that each job has the budgeted sales and cost details by revenue streamObtain necessary approvals, budget the warranty & CAMC costs, its procurement and related procedures.
Duties and responsibilities could be enhanced by the employer and should not be limited to the above. At a later stage your job could involve outside parts procurement or negotiations with customers, vendors and suppliers also.
Role of Service Pre-Sales
- Identification of parts for CAMC/W/sales
- Parts costing-arriving at the landed cost with related factors in DFSD & proposal generation
- AMC / proactive quotes costing & proposal generation
- Evaluate the service report and arrive at the scope of work for repair quotes
- Follow up for third party vendor quotes
- Interact and resolve any technical clarification vis-à-vis quotes issued with customers/Sales
- Update DFSD tool from data point of view
- Order entry to USA (pride & E-post), Non-pride (E-post) and Epinal (mercury/excel)
- Tracking of parts in USA, Epinal & China
- Updating FF, CRM on the status
- Obtain credit approval for quotes/orders
- OA & PI issuance for orders
- PI issuance for offshore through legal
- Generate reports from DFSD on need basis for regions
- Parts sales forecasting for the region w.r.t. offshore orders
- Identify with parts source wise and arrive at compatible part by trial & error/experience
Role of Service Pre-Sales Team Lead
- Parts Sales forecasting for all regions
- Assist the team on any escalation issues
- Identify source of procurement when parts not available in US/Epinal
- Liaise with factories for escalation issues
- Liaise with ILCs for faster deliveries/better lead times
- Arrive at special costing for high value items like compressors, motors etc.
- Liaise with third party vendors for better pricing (for Trane Care Offerings)
- Provide ZMs/ASMs with pricing support for ATB & Adiabatic offering
- Reconciliation with Finance for month sales/orders
- Provide data support for reporting to CRM incl. sales/orders/backlog
- Look at the overall data quality of DFSD-add SSEs, facilitate access, provide training etc.
- Perform analysis for various service related activities
- Load templates in DFSD as per variations in entities/formats/information etc.
- Promote team to identify more compatibility with China sourced parts to achieve savings
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Kaohsiung-Taiwan
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 1:19:54 AM