IGT Software Engineer - Game Development in Las Vegas, Nevada
Req No. 16483BR
Job Posting Title Software Engineer - Game Development
Location NV - Las Vegas
Employment Status Full Time
Design, develop, modify, debug, review, test and document C++ object oriented software for a real-time 3D video gaming environment. Participate in engineering design, design review, and product testing. Participate in game play design. Interface with Hardware Design, Gaming Systems Development, Product Assurance, Technical Compliance, Customer Service and other Engineering Departments to obtain product specifications. Perform complex software design and implementation with minimal direction in a team oriented environment.
First Year Goals Create premium slot games with C++. Learn our CoFFEE framework.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Two plus years of professional experience in software engineering. Experience in C#/C++ for applications with video game development, or 3D graphics (OpenGL) preferred.
• Experience with game engines like Unity or equivalent.
• Familiarity with scripting languages.
• Excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, and a high level of interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in cross functional teams in a fast paced environment
Experience with OpenGL
Experience with Shaders
Experience with Particle Effects
Experience with Gaze and Gesture control
Gaming Industry experience
Special requirements needed Security Investigation
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
. An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran