Cardinal Health Senior Engineer - Azure Lead in Lewisville, Texas
We are seeking an Azure Lead to join our development teams in Lewisville, TX. This person will be responsible for our business unit’s Azure environment and configuration as well as security and architectural recommendations, firewalls and support. Activities will include ownership of multiple Azure subscriptions, working with various teams in a fluid environment, and production outage support with root cause analysis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, and business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
- 8+ years of C# .NET software development
- 3+ years of Azure development preferred
- 2+ years of Azure environment set up and configuration
- Azure WAF and Application Gateway experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.