MetaBank Network Engineer in Louisville, Kentucky
Network Engineer is responsible advanced problem resolution of LAN, WAN, Security, network and availability Redundancy. This position must also be attentive of maintenance and repair of equipment and products, new hire training/mentoring, provide an expert technical recommendation based off business needs, prepares technical reports concerning status of activities, new technology testing, and creates thorough documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Configuration and maintenance of the corporate enterprise network environment.
- Perform analysis, diagnostics, and resolution of complex network and voice problems for the company which may include coordination, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Monitor the reliability of the network across multiple platforms.
- Participate in the rotating “on call” schedule with other members of the team for providing support to the business and partners.
- Perform root cause analysis for network outages or other business impacting issues.
- Provide primary and secondary support responsibilities for key network and infrastructure applications. Ensure that objectives are met while maintaining defined security standards.
- Assist in designing, configuring and implementation of major network systems.
- Ensure that objectives are met while maintaining defined security standards.
- Conduct research and evaluates new industry hardware and software to stay current on emerging technologies, market trends, and future expectations.
- Assist in the configuration and implementation as directed.
- Maintain system documentation and departmental procedures.
- Perform user ID creation, removal and maintenance for employee access changes.
- Manages the day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of the enterprise data communications networks including the repair of all network based equipment. May also include application, desktop and server support.
- Completes trouble tickets and provide customer feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) certification is required for this position; the certification must be kept current.
- Administration and Operational experience with enterprise-class routers and switches. (Cisco Required)
- Understanding of networking technologies and topologies (i.e. TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSec, HSRP, VRRP, SNMP, LAN, WAN) and remote access connectivity requirements.
- Advanced understanding of Telecommunications (VoIP), Routers and Switches
- Advanced understanding of Network Security.
- Ability to interface and trouble shoot connectivity and computer-related issues.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Department: 700-IS Infrastructure
Location: Louisville, KY