United Technologies Corporation Environmental Health & Safety Manager in Middletown, New York
Job ID: 53787BR
State: New York
Country: United States
Category: Central Functions, Environment Health & Safety: EH&S Generalist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitating incident reviews and assist in risk assessment and implementation of risk mitigation.
• Provide support to various site EH&S councils and Sub-Committees.
• Providing guidance to the company regarding activities and projects necessary to maintain regulatory compliance, attain environment and safety goals with responsibility for consulting with leadership teams concerning projects and initiatives.
• Reporting conditions to supervision that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental regulations and Corporate/UTC Pratt & Whitney goals, policies and procedures.
• Participating in pollution prevention/waste reduction initiatives, working on cross-functional projects that interface with other groups external to and within the core EH&S team.
• Lead /instruct EH&S training courses per the site training schedule to ensure compliance and improve EH&S customer service, employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts in EH&S operations.
• Must actively work as part of the site team to ensure the best EH&S practices and standard work are relentlessly driven across site
• Along with management, act as an EH&S liaison with employees at the site.
• Coordinate and conduct specialized Environmental, Health and/or Safety audits and inspections of premises and operations in conjunction with others to monitor performance and assist the relevant line management to produce action plans to implement the necessary improvements.
• Maintain relevant records, produce reports and review statistics.
• Strong experience and knowledge in environmental, OSHA health and safety regulatory programs such as elevated work, lock tag out (LOTO), machine guarding, industrial hygiene monitoring, confined space, risk assessment, etc.
• Ability to analyze data to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements and internal needs.
• Understanding OSHA regulations, standard concepts, practices and procedures required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Demonstrated knowledge in ensuring compliance to all local/state/federal regulations to air, water, wastewater and hazardous waste.
• Capable of working with a wide range of people from the site leader to the shop floor.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.