Johnson Controls Control Systems Engineer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This individual will be a member of the Control Applications Platform Team that applies technology and the principles of control theory, thermodynamics and heat transfer to develop models, algorithms, control sequences and system solutions for Building Automation systems (BAS) and commercial HVAC equipment control. This position will initially be responsible for the implementation and test of control applications for commercial HVAC systems (air side and water side) and standalone equipment.
This individual must be an analytical thinker and must be disciplined in applying robust design methodologies and engineering principles (modeling, simulation, data acquisition etc.) to develop and realize solutions. This individual must be self motivated and able to work independently but must also be able to interface directly with electronics engineers, mechanical engineers, software developers, systems engineers and research engineers to develop system-wide solutions. Qualified candidates will be able to present a history of technical individual contributions and examples of working on or leading a project from requirements to deployment. An ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about HVAC equipment, its operating characteristics, building automation and have prior experience working in an industrial area related to the above disciplines.
Qualifications and Experience:
· BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical or Controls Engineering.
· Minimum 7-10 years of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to take a project through test to final deployment.
· Must have a strong background in one or more of the following; control system design, feedback control theory, system modeling, thermodynamics/heat transfer, optimization, and numerical methods.
· Professional experience with MATLAB and Simulink products desired.
· Familiar with commercial or industrial building control systems desired.
· Knowledge of commercial HVAC/Building Automation Systems and/or equipment desired.
· Ability to program in C, C , or C# using Visual Studio is a plus.
· Ability to apply analytical methods to realize solutions.
· Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
· Demonstrated ability to stand out, overcome barriers and deliver results.
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Control Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: WD30036752167