Huntington Ingalls Industries ENGINEER SYSTEMS 3 in Newport News, Virginia
ENGINEER SYSTEMS 3
T54: Tech Services
External Job Description:
Newport News Shipbuilding a Division of Huntington Ingalls Industries is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer 3, to join our IT Technical Services team of highly qualified, diverse individuals, and take on projects critical to the growth and success of the company.
The Systems Integration Engineer will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Maintains responsibility for the design, implementation, and integration of software system and architectural needs using a wide variety of tools and technologies that enable agile development, open architectures, continuous integration, and rapid deployment. The incumbent will interface with Business Resource Managers, Directors, Officers, Technical Managers, and peers on a regular basis. This role offers a unique opportunity for candidates to take part in many projects that directly affect our success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Work with Service Transition teams to build and operationalize support processes according to project plan and documented support flow
• Clearly communicates and advocates proposed architectures.
• Ensures adherence to architecture standards and roadmaps
• Cooperate with networking and security teams, developer groups and software and hardware vendors to provide optimum system performance and availability
• Provide knowledge transfer to designated client contacts
Auto req ID:
Systems Integration Engineer 3
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Experience addressing computing environments and is able to effectively translate business strategies into technical designs.
• Demonstrated technical experience in architecting or engineering core solutions for a medium to large enterprise. This includes providing system and data redundancy.
• Technical knowledge of compute, storage, security and network design and good understanding of testing methodology, automated processes, load/performance testing
• Demonstrated knowledge of backup and recovery processes and real-time synchronization
• Experience with Data Center facilities components including power, HVAC, UPS, halon, cabling, etc. is desired
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
• Customer focused and results oriented