Arup Manager of Quality / Environmental / Health & Safety in Ontario, Canada
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are seeking a Manager of Quality / Environmental / Health & Safety (QEHS, internally referred to as Arup Management System or AMS), responsible for:
· Management of internal implementation of the corporate quality, environmental and health and safety management systems
· Development, implementation and management of QEHS systems on major design projects according to client specifications
The role will be based out our Toronto office and will support also our office in Montreal as well as projects and project offices located in other parts of Canada.
Key job responsibilities include:
· Management of the AMS to ensure compliance with the firm’s internal requirements and with the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification requirements including.
a) Assistance to project teams with implementing project management processes and documentation, related to quality assurance, planning, project controls, risk management etc.
b) Internal AMS audits
c) Delivery of AMS-related training to different staff levels and roles
d) Preparation and management of external certification audits
e) Management of corrections and corrective actions arising from internal and external audits, user feedback and other sources
f) Maintenance of documents and records per the above requirements
g) Assistance to local health and safety and office environmental management teams in meeting the applicable AMS and certification requirements
h) Assistance to other corporate services teams by providing AMS related inputs and guidance.
i) Performing second party audit as required
j) Handling third party and client management system audits.
· Developing and maintaining project specific QEHS systems on major projects per applicable client requirements.
· Liaising with stakeholders to ensure their objectives are communicated to the team for consideration in all AMS initiatives and activities
· Developing specifications for proposed solutions to address the internal clients’ or users’ needs
· Reporting on their activities, deliverables, work progress, process changes to the regional AMS team leadership and to their internal clients
· Managing and supporting delivery of AMS initiatives to regionally agreed specifications
· Participation in regional AMS projects and initiatives
The successful candidate should:
· Have at least 10 years of experience in major engineering project environment
· Be able to travel to travel to other offices in the US and Canada, for up to 20% of time.
· Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher related to engineering or business management
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work in a deadline-driven, project-based environment
· Handle confidential assignments that require tact and diplomacy
· Possess the ability to quickly adapt to new project settings and learn new subjects/projects easily
· Exhibit systematic and orderly planning and organizing skills while managing multiple tasks. Have good knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications - Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
· Professional qualification in quality management systems
· IRCA certification as QMS or EMS or OHSMS auditor or equivalent
· Ability to speak and write in French
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Quality Assurance
Title: Manager of Quality / Environmental / Health & Safety
Requisition ID: TOR0000AL