City of Phoenix Computer Control Systems Analyst / Programmer I in Phoenix, Arizona
This position provides support for computer control systems in water production, water distribution and wastewater treatment. Computer control systems are used to monitor and automatically control the process of producing and distributing water as well as the treatment and recovery of wastewater. In this position the programmer/analyst designs, builds, implements and modifies computer programs for automatic operation of site processes and equipment. Other duties include designing, building, implementing and modifying graphical user interfaces for real time monitoring and automated operation of site processes and equipment; working with consultants in development and enhancement of real time computer programs, graphical displays and documentation for site automation; providing user training on process control computer systems and analyzing site processes and equipment events and disturbances; reviewing and recommending revisions of computer programs necessitated by seasonal process and equipment changes; and troubleshooting process control computer system components.
Currently there are vacancies in the Process Control Technology Services division of the Water Services Department. Other vacancies may occur during the life span of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of July 31, 2017. Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$54,392 - $81,245 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit:
- One year of professional experience in computer applications programming in PLC, HMI, DCS, and/or SCADA systems.
- Graduation from a technology / programming school or junior college.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
- This position requires the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage
A well qualified candidate will possess the job requirements listed above, plus
- Experience in industrial control with real time systems and tuning control loops.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
ITAP I, JC: 09650, ID # 23788,7/17/17, 6m, CH, Benefits Code: 007, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Computer Control Systems Analyst / Programmer I
Job ID: 23778
Location: Professional & Supervisory