TD Industries Inc Plumbing Service Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For over 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
Our Service Team is seeking an experienced Plumbing Service Technician to join their team.
The Plumbing Service Technician will independently perform diagnoses, repairs, maintenance and installations of medium-sized more complex commercial plumbing systems and/or equipment. The selected candidate will work with various types of tools, gauges, measuring equipment under guidance from a service supervisor. This position reports to a Service Supervisor and performs other duties as required by the position.
* DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Diagnoses plumbing system performance through observation, testing and setup.
- Disassembles and reassembles medium commercial or residential plumbing equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform service to the equipment and/or mechanical system.
- Give and receive written and verbal instructions.
- Complete work orders, task lists and documents to verify work performed as needed to conform to customer invoicing requirements.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials or equipment used to perform the service.
- Explains the service charges and work performed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Operates a commercial vehicle and trailer.
- Purchase materials and issue purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Maintains inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Reconciles work order documents, vendor packing slips and weekly timesheets for supervisor review.
- Maintains personal performance agreement with immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency and competence on the skill based pre‑employment exam.
- Proficiency and competence to effectively diagnose, repair, install and maintain small residential and/or commercial plumbing systems and/or equipment.
- Two (2) years of plumbing service work experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases and oils.
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions. Willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by job demands.
- Participates in the technician on-call stand-by rotation as required.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
This description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant duties and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements as applicable. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Phoenix, AZ Metro Area