General Electric Junior Engineer in Pune, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The candidate should be from Mechanical / Electrical Engineering background having 2-3 years of experience working in manufacturing industry, preferably from OEM’s such as Wind Industry and mechanical / Electrical assembly.
• Assembles mechanical products or sub-assemblies according to written instructions or by following drawings
• Assemble and fit metal and prefabricated parts to close tolerances according to engineering drawings,
• Mechanical fittings like – bearing assembly , coupling mounting
• Complete final assembly & checks per project requirement ensuring Quality & Project timeline
• Operates hand tools, power tools and production equipment material handling equipment utilizing fitting / adjusting /lifting/ securing maneuvers
• Responsibility to maintain the highest level of quality on all production output.
• Assists in monitoring physical inventory.
• Responsible for producing quality goods within routing time & constraints
• Assist for developing special tooling, jigs & fixtures as per product requirement.
• Assists with creation of standard work (build & test) documentation/procedures.
• Work & comply as per ISO 9001 requirements/environment.
• Read blueprints and engineering specifications to perform moderate / repetitive assembling tasks.
• Perform factory acceptance tests per specifications.
• Properly maintain build traceability, project documentation records and tag all parts per engineering documents.
• Identify & resolve problems or hazardous conditions that occur during assembly and test.
• Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities.
• Responsible for ensuring that work area is maintained hazard free and tidy in accordance with 5S principles
• Responsible for writing Manufacturing Work Instruction , Safety Risk Assessments for jobs as and when required
• Responsible for active participation in continual Lean 6 Sigma improvements for safety, Quality and throughput
• Responsible for maintaining accurate traceability records of assemblies
• Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
• Up to 2 years of hands-on experience
• Flexible to work in shifts.
• Willing to work hands-on in the manufacturing assembly lines for Mechanical product build & testing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
• Experienced successfully developing Good interpersonal relations and communication with the team
• Experience in hands on skills and command over production processes.
• Demonstrated ability to ensure Safety Compliance, maintain 5S at work place and apply Kaizen principles.
• Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering.
• Should be self- motivated, self-starter & quick learner.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
• Demonstrate ability to read & interpret mechanical drawings, use of measuring instruments
Experience working in mechanical assembly & testing of electric panels/equipment
Knowledge of Process Industry / Power plant accessories for Inspection, Testing, Fabrication, Fitting, Wiring.
Locations: India; Pune
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.