Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Would you like to help ship software to hundreds of millions of users on a regular basis? Are you an experienced developer passionate about driving organization wide improvements in engineering productivity & agility to accelerate the pace of innovation across the product? Do you thrive on the challenges of a fast-paced environment, with plenty of direct customer impact? If you are vehemently nodding yes to these then the .NET Framework Engineering and Release team would like to talk to you.
The .NET Framework Engineering and Release team is responsible for shipping new releases of the .NET Framework (the world’s #1 runtime) and we directly impact the satisfaction of millions of developers and hundreds of millions of users worldwide. As the senior developer, you will take charge of our tools and automation roadmap and be responsible for the engineering systems and automation that support our mission to ship at cloud cadence. You will proactively identify opportunities for optimizing our workflow systems and envision, develop and deploy productivity enhancing tools that drive increased code velocity and reduce friction in engineering systems. As the owner for hard technical problems you will dive deep into the technical issues and make the right tradeoffs while simultaneously influencing partner teams to help bring our vision to reality.
The ideal candidate will have these attributes:
• World-class engineer with a focus on engineering systems and automation development and a passion to delight customers
• Flexibility to flow between a wide range of technologies, or diving deep into specific domains as necessary
• Solid analytical and problem resolution skills in an ambiguous environment
• Well-developed teamwork and collaboration skills
• A confident communicator with strong facilitation and consensus building skills
• A growth hacking attitude and passion for thinking outside the box
• High energy and passion for working in a dynamic environment
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
• 8 years of shipping high quality client and server applications using .NET/C#
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.