Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II in Redmond, Washington
Our organization is focused on our most valuable asset - our customers. Ensuring our customers are delighted with our software is of paramount importance. It is just as important to create great products as it is to provide a world-class support infrastructure so that issues can be addressed when things don’t go according to expectations. Software is not perfect and our customers are going to encounter issues that necessitate that we respond in an agile manner to help them.
We in the Microsoft Support Engineering Group are focused on building the next generation support experiences that impact thousands of support engineers and agents as well as millions of Microsoft customers every day. We are driven to transform software support services with the goal of being the industry leader.
If you are passionate about the following we may have a role that appeals to you! Enjoy a fast paced environment, understanding the customer support business workflows deeply, help customers by leveraging contextual information and mapping to solutions sourced from our knowledge platform. If you are interested in data, event processing, stream processing and all of the challenges and opportunities that these fields bring with them, then this is where you will want to be
Our team is looking to hire experienced Software Engineers, who have solid technical expertise in data engineering and analytics areas, and a passion for helping our Product Groups and CSS provide the most satisfactory support experiences to Microsoft customers. Successful candidates would need to demonstrate excellence in coding and deploying high quality, efficient for a range of challenging technical problems. They should be well versed in contemporary Microsoft and open source data technologies on Azure and Azure Data Lake. They should be eager and able to learn fast, experiment and innovate, and share their knowledge. They should have the passion for developing data platforms at scale, and drive a high-performing, live site-focused engineering culture.
Desired attributes and competencies include:
• Excellent technical problem solving, design, coding, communication and debugging skills
• Expertise in developing complex, large scale software in C#, Java or equivalent languages
• Basic understanding of Azure and Azure data Lake.
• Functional operational knowledge and experience: Big Data Technologies, Stream Processing, SQL , Azure PaaS, Restful API.
• Proficiency in Data Structures and Algorithms
• Experience with Storm/Spark/Spark SQL would be an added advantage.
• Track record of delivering products, features and functionality on time, at extremely high quality
• Ability to drive and manage technical and architectural dependencies
• Ability to work closely with team members to collaborate on innovative solutions
• Self-driven, motivated, pro-active, results-oriented and ability to work with minimal direction
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• 5+ years of software development experience
• A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field is required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Development (engineering)