Microsoft Corporation SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Redmond, Washington
With Windows 10 we have started on an amazing journey to build the Universal Windows Platform to ensure Windows code can run seamlessly across a rich set of device hardware. If you like jumping into a rich code base and developing client-side features, you have found your next opportunity at Microsoft!
Your code will power experiences on Xbox, HoloLens, Laptop, Desktop, Phone, and even Raspberry Pi devices. All that we need is that you bring your passion, enthusiasm, and A-game for making Windows better, and you can be a part of this remarkable journey.
We believe Developers are the cornerstone of the Microsoft strategy. We are focused on providing first class experiences for developers using our Application Model. We find areas of the platform that are problematic for developers and provide platform and tooling updates to fill those gaps.
You are skilled at low-level design and implementation, but also able to step back and take a higher-level view to tackling architectural changes in a large and complex code base that has deep system integration.
We are a talented and competitive group of coders where we value growing as a team. You will learn from peers and build upon your own core strengths while also contributing to others.
You will be successful if you are:
• Passionate about working with a strong team on a product facing fierce competition
• Demonstrated ability to solve hard problems
• Able to work with other developers and program managers and partner teams to design, implement, and test solid technical features
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field, OR 4+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of C++ development experience & developing commercial software
• Solid design, coding, debugging and analytical skills
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Experience building Applications for Windows, iOS, Android is a plus
• Experience with Windows architecture and internals is desired
• Developing platform components, SDKs, or APIs is a bonus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.