ManTech Systems Engineer, Principal in Reston, Virginia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Engineer to join our team in the Reston, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our internal organization and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze user s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
• Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
• Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
• Develop system architecture and system design documentation
• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
• Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicate with other program personnel, customers, and senior executives.
• Establish state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying and troubleshooting highly complex computer operating hardware system.
• Design operating/hardware systems; formulate system concepts and architecture, specific requirements, and develop implementation approaches.
• Identify and direct resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues; subject matter expert on emerging technologies; direct the development of systems specifications and technical documentation.
• Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
• Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas.
• Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and eight years of related experience. An additional four years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor s Degree.
• Experience with Windows AND/OR Linux -e.g. RedHat based distros, Windows 7/2012• Experience with software build management -e.g. Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Git/Github
• Experience with Shell scripting/programming -e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc
• Experience using Linux tools ( https://blog.serverdensity.com/80-linux-monitoring-tools-know/ )
• Experience with configuration management tools -e.g. Puppet, Salt, and/or Chef
• Experience with networking -e.g. TCP/IP stack, IPv4, IPv6, Subnetting, etc
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) -e.g. EC2, Management Console, CloudWatch, VPC, etc
• Experience with SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Atlassian JIRA, Confluence Etc
• DoD 8750.01 IAT Level II Certified (Information Assurance and Computing Environment) (Security +, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA)
• ITIL V3 Foundation
• Certification in AWS -e.g. DevOps/SysOpsDeveloping for portals such as LifeRay, WebLogic…
• Ability to brief and explain technical issues and risks to non-technical management, customers, and stakeholders.
Active DoD TS/SCI clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the last 5 years with the ability to pass a CI Polygraph
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) and seven to nine years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.