ManTech Systems Engineer, Senior in Reston, Virginia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Engineer to join our team in the Reston, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our internal organization and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze user s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
• Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
• Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
• Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
• Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
• Communicate with other program personnel, customers, and senior executives. Plan, coordinate and manage engineering projects.
• Act as lead in defining and executing systems engineering activities within a project.
• Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance.
• Support operations as needed.
• Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
• Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
• Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
• Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
• Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
• Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions.
• Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and six years of related experience. An additional four years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor s Degree.
• Experience with Windows AND/OR Linux -e.g. RedHat based distros, Windows 7/2012• Experience with software build management -e.g. Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Git/Github
• Experience with Shell scripting/programming -e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc
• Experience using Linux tools ( https://blog.serverdensity.com/80-linux-monitoring-tools-know/ )
• Experience with configuration management tools -e.g. Puppet, Salt, and/or Chef
• Experience with networking -e.g. TCP/IP stack, IPv4, IPv6, Subnetting, etc
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) -e.g. EC2, Management Console, CloudWatch, VPC, etc
• Experience with SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Atlassian JIRA, Confluence Etc
• DoD 8750.01 IAT Level II Certified (Information Assurance and Computing Environment) (Security +, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA)
• ITIL V3 Foundation
• Certification in AWS -e.g. DevOps/SysOpsDeveloping for portals such as LifeRay, WebLogic…
• Ability to brief and explain technical issues and risks to non-technical management, customers, and stakeholders.
Active DoD TS/SCI clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the last 5 years with the ability to pass a CI Polygraph
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.