DXC Technology Senior Professional Application Engineer in SAN JOSE, California
Essential Job Functions
- Works in conjunction with the business development staff; creates new business by identifying customer purchasing requirements and technical specifications.
- Assists in defining and creating demonstration software and systems to showcase products and systems.
- Provides answers to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications, pre-sale and post-sale. Refers inquiries as necessary to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in testing user configurations for system compatibility. Documents and provides support; resolves issues to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Interacts with engineering groups to assist in the design changes to equipment. Assists in tracking the progress of the projects with accountability to the customer, project manager and management to ensure an on-time and smooth product launch for the customer.
- Assists in the training of customers on systems applications.
· Application Platform Support and Monitoring the availability of a production like system involving 3000 web services.
· Troubleshooting user issues and system issues and taking necessary actions to resolve issues, related to GUI, Service Components, Zookeeper, Mesos, Thermos, Docker, Oracle database, Mongo DB, UNIX & verious other tools.
· Owning high/critical system issues and engage stakeholders using standard escalation channel to resolve issue at earliest possible timeframe.
· Regularly checking and working on user reported issues through JIRA Bug and owning the JIRA ticket till issue is closed.
· Develop various utility scripts at various levels, to automate and auto-heal recurring issues/tasks.
· Should be fluent in writing UNIX Shell scripts, basic UNIX Commands (UNIX admin commands preferred)
· Should be proficient in basic SQL and Database Concepts/hands-on
· Should be proficient/working experience in Programming using JAVA, Python or RUBY etc.
· Should be self-driven and able to collaboratively work with team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
- Three or more years of applications engineering, field support or technical sales experience
- Experience working with department/account overall business objectives and goals
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with software tools including compilers, assemblers, debuggers and simulators
- Experience working with assembly languages such as HTML programming, MySQL, C, C , etc
- Experience working with business areas such as Sales/Marketing, Business/Financial Analysis, Project Management
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Organization and time management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems either on-site or remotely
- Ability to comprehend and filter information in design/sale/support of products and systems
- Willingness to travel
Title: Senior Professional Application Engineer
Location: CA: CALIFORNIA-SAN JOSE
Requisition ID: 1700L01
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.