PayPal Software Engineer 3 in San Jose, California
Software Engineer 3in San Joseat PayPal
Date Posted: 6/19/2017
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 6/19/2017
Job ID: R0019614
HELP US REIMAGINE MONEY.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
The Compliance team is responsible for the design, development, and support of Compliance APIs that are integrated with key strategic partners. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. In PayPal, we develop massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to our business. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs.
We are always looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together.
• Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components
• Deep dive into PayPal’s world class compliance systems and algorithms and work side by side with data scientists and analysts on data centric analytic solutions
• Contribute to PayPal’s efforts to fight against regulatory violations, using advanced algorithms and technology, while deploying the code you develop into PayPal’s live systems, and having a true global effect
• Design and implement highly available and scalable backend software components in Java in the PayPal compliance domain.
• Evaluating third party applications for compliance, tailoring it to PayPal needs and implementing the same.
• Develop automated tests and deliver high quality code to production within a short development cycle in the Continuous Integration and delivery environment.
• Conduct design and code reviews, fix bugs, and resolve production issues
• Provide support for case management, regulatory filings and sanctions program
• Work effectively with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.