Applied Materials Materials Project Management Director - (M6) in Santa Clara, California
Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.
Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make vesus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans. Coordinate with cross-funtional business teams to develop best cost strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
Establishes and manages production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules. Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, and inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company's business growth and sourcing requirements. Identify, develop, and manage effective relationship with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets. Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining, and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
Represents materials organization on corporate materials task force teams. Manages department budget, associated costs and resources. Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions. Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
Selects, evaluates and manages employees to ensure the efficient operations of the function.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
10-15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: California-CA,Santa Clara
Job Title: Materials Project Management Director - (M6)
Job: Project/Program Management
Requisition ID: 1704751
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: No Relocation