General Electric Telecommunication Project Engineer in Sao Paulo, Brazil
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned equipment, projects or systems that meet business/brazillian standards and contract requirements:
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
• Document and communicate results of technical data generated
• Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
• Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Bachelor in Electrical, Electronic or Automation & Control Engineering
• +3 years’ experience on transmission network and Substation telecommunication systems
• Experience on different telecommunication technologies (optical, power line carrier, radio links) and related equipment
• knowledge of network infrastructure hardware /software/services and structured cabling design
• knowledge of interfaces between telecommunication systems, protection devices (teleprotection) and SCADA
• Understanding of Brazilian Regulation Standards for Substation System (ONS Modules)
• Fluent Portuguese proficiency
• Advanced English proficiency
• Basic Spanish proficiency
• Available for Traveling Worldwide in project assignments
• Excellent Analytics and Problem Solving Skills
• Good Communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Positive Mindset and Resilience.
Locations: Brazil; Sao Paulo
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.