Northwest Seafood Processors Sr. IT Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Summary:This position is for a Sr. IT Engineer to join an existing IT Team. Candidates will work on a range of technical issues and projects ranging from end user helpdesk requests to server and network management. This position requires candidates to be willing to shift gears frequently to cover the full spectrum of IT needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- End user support
- Server and network maintenance and management
- Active directory & GPO creation and management
- Assist with data systems management (GDSN, EDI, etc.)
- Ability to self-identify and resolve issues either through experience, documentation, or research in a reasonable time.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university + 2 or more years of exp, or 6 or more years related experience and/or training.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications or licenses are required though special consideration will be given to those with current or previous A++, Microsoft, Cisco, or other certifications.
- 5+ years' experience supporting a Microsoft Windows PC environment (end user support, debugging, security, installation, user migration, etc.)
- In depth working knowledge of Windows operating systems in a domain environment. This includes Windows 7, 8, & 10 as well Windows Server 2008, 2012, & 2016.
- In depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office (2010-2016)
- Exchange user level and server management (2010, 2013, & Office 365)
- Working knowledge and familiarity using and managing Active Directory, GPO's, etc.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with scripting (VBScript, PowerShell, etc.)
- Working knowledge and familiarity with networking (Firewalls, VLAN configurations, etc.)
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESXi
- Familiarity with VOIP / Hybrid phone systems.
- Strong Google-Fu
Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write documentation, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Work and procedure documentation is an important aspect of this position.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel using a keyboard or similar use of hands and sit for periods at a time. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will rarely climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus to produce or review reports.
The work is typically performed in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level but some users this position supports are in a manufacturing facility.
This position provides services to multiple company locations in the Seattle area. A valid drivers license is a requirement.
Keyword: Sr. IT Engineer
From: Odyssey Foods, LLC