ASML Safety handling integrator in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by the engineering of electrical connectivity solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
As an Electrical Integration Engineer, you are qualifying, integrating and to a limited extent designing & realizing mains and safety infrastructure (cable harness / electronics racks & boards / electronics units / mains-distribution / PLC units) of the ASML products.
The Electrical Integration Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Operate in multidisciplinary team.
- Operates in flexible and dynamic environment.
- Specify, document and execute tests to ensure that electrical products satisfy the requirements.
- Solving problems during full proto product integration.
- System integration and validation of the various mains distribution and safety handling modules
- Participate in realization of electrical products.
- Analyze and solve reliability issues,
- Provides containments and structural solutions
- Prepare technical reports, development specifications and production test documentation
- Support production and service as an expert
- Interfacing with other electrical integration engineers.
- Make a work breakdown and a realistic integration plan for the complete integration
- Transfer knowledge to production and service
- Progress reporting including presentations and written documentation
- Influence the definition and design on manufacturability, testability, reliability and EMC compliancy ( DFM=Design For Manufacturing, DFT=Design For Testability, DFR=Design For Reliability, DFE=Design For EMC Compliancy, grounding & shielding concepts)
- Make a personal work breakdown and a planning
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
- Depending on experience manage testtool developments of electrical modules at our suppliers
- Position includes occasional traveling to customers
Bachelor degree (HBO) in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience (minimal MBO).
- Practical multiple years experience in Electrical system design in a similar function in a multidisciplinary organization or tester
- Broad technical knowledge on electronics / cabling / mains / safety / diagnose / electronics cooling.
- Multiple years of experience in printed circuited board or electrical infrastructure design & qualification
- Has experience with general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes.
- Has knowledge of electrical connection methods, AC mains power and DC power distribution and signal transmission.
- Has knowledge on EMC and electrical safety (International (IEC) standards, US standards (NFPA, UL)
- Has knowledge on analogue and digital circuitry and power electronics
- Has the ability to set up cabling concepts
- A very good knowledge of components is essential
- Good soldering and rework skills are critical
- PLC knowledge (Step7) is an advantage
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Eager to learn
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus
- Can work independently
- creative, abstract thinking
- Proactive, takes initiative
- Pragmatic attitude, can set priorities
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable)
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E;, the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules of these products.
Within EDEV the group Mains & Safety Infrastructure is responsible for the study, definition, realization and qualification of the mains power distribution, electrical- and machine safety of the complete ASML products. The Electrical Integration Engineer will report to the group leader Mains & Safety Infrastructure
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-09-15
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Electronics, Others - Technical