ASML Senior Supplier Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you the person who will ensure supplier product quality in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical and interpersonal capabilities to guide new product introductions in demanding projects at ASML’s suppliers? Then we would like to hear from you today!
The mission of the Supplier Engineer NPI is to create an “able and enabled” team to bridge between ASML suppliers and ASML Development and drive co-design activities. Support ASML’s outsourcing strategy to increase ASML flexibility and focus on the ASML added value. Drive technological aspects between development programs and suppliers:
Drive technological challenges and requirements to the supplier
Develop suppliers in new production techniques/parts/products
Increase leverage of supplier technology & processes into the ASML design project (early supplier involvement of supplier in design for manufacturing)
Professionalize outsourcing management as part of the Supplier Account Teams (SAT’s) and strategic product family team.
All activities must be in line with sector and business line targets.
Early supplier involvement
- Participate in D&E; projects in early design phases to secure Design-for-Manufacturing and technology availability from suppliers. Challenge design with capabilities in supply chain.
- Review Design Specifications on manufacturability.
- Facilitate early supplier involvement at new products and processes.
New Product Introduction
- Execute the NPI deliverables (SoW, FMEA, TAS, PER, TCD, PQR); Manufacturing Flow, Process FMEA, Determine test tools and Test Coverage, First Article Inspection & Evaluation Report, Supplier Output Control, test standards.
- Support suppliers with difficult manufacturing issues (e.g. yield and quality improvement).
- NPI Supplier Selection (through auditing).
- Member of the SAT, with deliverables on Quality and Technology. Validate Q and T targets and actuals for supplier. Manage suppliers towards Competitive Performance (Q, T) during NPI and assure proper continuation of Q and T performance during volume phase.
- Manage Processes at suppliers to world class efficiency and effectiveness during NPI phase and assure proper handover to volume supply chain.
- Consult on and attune improvement proposals at suppliers. Initiate actions to ensure implementation and execution at supplier during NPI phase and assure proper transfer to volume supply chain.
- Implement improvements actions at supplier on quality complaints and nonconforming products during NPI phase.
Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent based on relevant working experience in mechanical, electrical engineering or applied physics, preferably with focus on quality engineering.
5-10 years of work experience in complex technically driven and international organization(s).
Knowledge in Supply Chain Engineering and Six Sigma.
Proven quality management skills.
Broad technical knowledge on quality and standardization.
Excellent social and communication skills in English.
Candidate must be able to communicate effectively throughout different levels within the organization. Strong negotiation skills for interfacing with other sectors and suppliers.
Team player, but also independent.
Result driven with a pragmatic attitude.
Analytical, abstract thinking, plenty of initiative.
Sharing knowledge and stress tolerant.
Service minded and a drive for continuous improvement.
Be advised that this concerns a flex opportunity with an option to become a regular ASML employee after 12 months. All contracting (payroll) will be handled by ASML’s preferred third party vendor, in accordance with ASML’s remuneration package. Please take this into consideration when you apply for this vacancy
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-06-19
Functional area: Quality, Supply Chain Management
Background: Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Others - Technical