NEC Australia Network Engineer in Australia
NEC Australia is a leading technology company that delivers a complete portfolio of ICT solutions and services to large enterprise, small business and government customers. NEC Australia helps customers gain greater business value from their technology investments, by delivering end-to-end technology solutions, business and IT transformation consultancy, professional services, communications solutions, application and solutions development and infrastructure and applications managed services and support.
To provide Incident resolution, installation and Project Delivery for Telecommunications Voice, Data, IP Tel & UC Client environments and ensure end to end operational availability of network systems within service levels and / or service expectations.
· Ensure incidents, installation activities, technical details and service requests are updated in Remedy either directly or via the despatchers.
· Ensure all OH&S policies, operational procedures and Customer site induction requirements are followed.
· Keep Customers informed of request statuses, ETA arrival times and action plans
· Feedback any enquiries, Customer dissatisfaction, concerns or sales opportunities to the Delivery team and or Operations Manager
· Maintain skill levels required by regular discussions with the Operations Manager to ensure training is arranged
· Ensure all Customer and NEC procedures are followed at all times (particularly regarding change management)
· Assist with and generate Design’s, Solutions & execute new installations and upgrades as necessary complying with the change management process.
· Maintain accurate records of all operational assets (hardware, software etc.)
· Liaise as required between Field service staff, NEC engineering, Professional services, Solution Architects and OEM’s on the implementation & support issues that may arise.
Experience and Qualification Required:
· Degree / Certificate in IT or equivalent
· Cisco Professional Level Certifications (CCNP Voice & CCVP)
· OH&S Construction Induction (White Card)
· ITIL Foundations Certificate
· Experience with Cisco Firewalls & Juniper Security
· Experience with Cisco Unified Wireless
· Experience with network management systems such as HP NNMi and Cisco Prime
· Previous exposure with Lync & Cisco VC desirable
· Member of the Australian Computer Society (ACS)
To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen with a minimum NV1 Security Clearance
How to apply
At NEC, we offer an outstanding working environment and the opportunity to be part of a high performance team. We place great emphasis on our staff satisfaction and have a vigorous professional development program, a fantastic corporate culture and a highly responsive management team. Apply now or contact email@example.com for further information.