JLR Veteran Careers CAF Ex-Military - Automotive Service Technician in United States
The Jaguar Land Rover Canada Ex-Military Careers Program is designed to promote the hiring of qualified Canadian Armed Forces, Ex-Military, Transitioning Ex-Military Members, and currently serving Reserve Force Members in good standing at participating Jaguar Land Rover Retailers throughout the nation. Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in both the Canadian Armed Forces and the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train Ex-Military maintenance/ repair technicians and mechanics to become brand-certified Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Service Technicians. Ex-Military candidates must meet the requisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements, and be willing to attend a three-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon hiring.
Hired Ex-Military members must further be willing to make a long-term commitment to their respective Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Employer.
The JLR Automotive Service Technician core job description (After formal training & OJT):
- Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Documenting work performed as directed by Service Consultants.
- Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
- Understanding and complying with regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment and clothing, to include safety glasses and footwear.
- Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
- The Automotive Service Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
- Dealership uniforms are required.
Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements:
- An Honourable Release from the Canadian Armed Forces and the ability to provide proof of service and discharge. At a minimum, achieved the Rank of Corporal and have a Department of National Defense Certificate of Military Achievement with a QL5 rating, as a CAF Vehicle Technician. Completion of at least three years working in the specific technical field of study at the unit, organizational, base, installation or direct support maintenance level (and maintained a high level of experience within the past 3).
- Valid driver's license and a clear driving record.
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements (drug screening, credit score, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation)
- Must be able to provide proof of formal military technical education, training and OJT in the military trade of Vehicle Technician. This may include credentials from the Red Seal Program for the trades of Automotive Service Technician (310S), Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (421A) or a Truck and Coach Technician (310T) (Ontario www.collegeoftrades.ca).
- In the absence of formal military schooling in this technical field, the candidate must provide proof of successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal Vocational Technical Automotive Training in a private institution completed within the past five years. Transcripts are required.
- The ability to pursue and obtain a 310S Certification or Equivalent.
Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
- Have manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
- Drive a manual transmission (for road tests).
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to 100 pounds (45.5 kg) unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours or more) and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other distractions.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- Must be willing to complete mandated online training, as assigned during initial interview and screening process. (no cost)
- Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with Jaguar Land Rover Canada, and/or its affiliated Retailers.
- Must be willing to accept a minimum 12 month employment obligation upon hiring.
Apply online Early at www.jlrvets.com. The new JLR Canada Ex-Military Careers site will soon be live.
For additional information Contact:
Carol Hestand, US Navy VeteranDeputy Program Manager/Senior Technical RecruiterJLR Canada Ex-Military Careers ProgramCALIBREcarolyn.email@example.comT: 571.403.3335F: 703.600.4335
Apply Online www.jlrvets.com
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Job Code: CAN - SASKATOON869
Retailer: JLR Saskatoon
City: CAN - Saskatoon