Wolf Creek Federal Services Environmental Technician (Overseas) in United States
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The incumbent will provide the support required to ensure hazardous & solid waste management & environmental program management services for the Base & all tenants, are performed within IAW federal, state, local & Installation mandates ensuring all work is performed in an environmentally sound manner.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Operates, maintains, and inspects hazardous material/waste storage and accumulation sites.
- Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes are properly handled, stored, packaged, disposed, and recorded as necessary.
- Responsible for pesticide application, recordkeeping, and management.
- Inspect landfills to ensure proper disposal of materials.
- Collect and properly package bulk containers and samples (water, hazardous waste, oil, etc.) for shipment to the US..
- Operates and maintains an environmental collection / accumulation area.
- Ensures all job duties are performed within IAW federal, state, local and Installation mandates and performed in an environmentally sound manner.
- Initiates and trains employees on waste minimization practices.
- Tracks and documents reports associated with environmental programs.
- Participates in emergency spill response situations.
- First responder for all spills to include cleanup, waste disposal and documentation.
- Support the Ascension Island Conservation as required.
- Assist with Stevedore operations for shop to shore operations when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform unsupervised in a multi-tasked environmental department.
- Broad knowledge in environmental operations and programs.
- Knowledge of tools and personal protective equipment needs typically used as an Environmental Technician.
- Intermediate skill in the use of Microsoft Office and computer databases.
- Adherence to established CGS, LLC safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with CGS, LLC Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience as a technician in an environmental field of work.
- Current certification or ability to attain certification within 6 months of employment for the following:
- 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Hazard Communication
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Asbestos Worker
- HAZMAT Air Shipment Certification, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- HAZMAT Vessel Shipment Certification, International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG)
- HAZMAT Ground Shipment Certification, U.S. Department of Transportation 49 CFR
- Pesticide Applicator (Limited Lawn and Ornamental)
- Pesticide Applicator (Limited Structural)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI)
- Ability to successfully pass any employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record as pertinent to the position.
- Willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental management or related field.
- Experience with the military ETID system for waste registration and disposal.
- Experience working in remote locations.
- Ability to operate a Forklift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Primary Location: Ascension Island-Ascension Island-Ascension Island
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: WW010035
Req ID: WW010035