National Oilwell Varco Mechanical Assembler in United States
Title: Mechanical Assembler Location: null Other Locations: null
Job Summary: In the role of Mechanical Assembler, you will report to an assigned project Lead Hand and/or Supervisor. The Mechanical Assembler will work as part of a production assembly team which is responsible for a broad range of duties including; assembly, testing, and repair of products. Crew members will perform assembly and rework and will assist in the development of new and revised product materials, processes, and procedures.
1. Responsible to participate in the safe assembly, build, repair, and/or test a variety of new and older mobile oilfield service equipment using standard and/or non-standard tools, equipment, and procedures. Using considerable judgment to ensure quality, correct parts, and/or proper procedures are used
2. Read equipment assembly specifications, such as charts, schematics, blueprints, and typed instructions and details
3. Brings technical problems encountered to the Lead Hand’s attention for resolution throughout the project.
4. Operate rigging equipment, forklifts & other machinery.
5. Assemble mechanical components.
6. Participate in regular shop/yard organization and cleanliness exercises.
7. Train new employees in assembly operations as required 8. Complete and maintain various records and documentation 9. Demonstrate the capability to work independently or in a team on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems. 10. Familiarize yourself with operation controls such as safe working practices and job hazard analysis as appropriate to specific work tasks. 11. Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements. 12. Assist with shop maintenance requirements. 13. Responsible to supply your own tools; a minimum recommendation list is available. The company will lend some atypical tools for temporary use; these are available for sign out through the tool crib service. Further information is available. 14. All other duties as assigned. Mechanical Assembler Applicable Concentrations: • Automotive Tech • Machinist • Other applicable certified designations
Qualifications Requirements: • High School Diploma or GED required • Must demonstrate aptitude in mechanical and/or hydraulic assembly, troubleshooting, and repair; diesel mechanics; pump and/or valve assembly, disassembly, or repair; and/or oilfield experience in maintenance and repair of NOV CT/PP or related systems • Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and departments
With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30,000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, including a company matching contribution RRSP, Health Spending account, and employer paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization, and an Educational Assistance Program.