Stericycle Laboratory Support Technician in WA, United States
Laboratory Support Technician
Job ID #: 23249
Hazardous & Specialty Waste
1 - 2 Years
We are currently seeking an energetic full time Laboratory Support Technician / Waste Specialist to for laboratory support activities in a major research facility.
• Testing of Safety showers and eyewashes
• Clean and maintain stocks of laboratory glassware• Maintain general laboratory solutions• Management of onsite chemical inventory system (CISPro)• Support lab manager in maintaining stocks of consumable items and chemicals• collection and storage of chemical and medical waste. Packaging waste for transportation.
• Lab equipment decontamination
• participate in spill response and other environmental duties if required.
Technician must be a motivated self-starter that is able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team. Must demonstrate strong communication skills, and provide superior customer service in a variety of settings and situations to effectively meet customer’s needs.
• Degree in Chemistry or Sciences and equivalent related work experience, demonstrating strong communication skills and superior service.
• Pass a Pre-employment physical, drug screening and criminal background check•.Prior experience in a Laboratory environment preferred.• Demonstrates ability to work independently and with little supervision.• Position requires some lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds• Position will require reliable transportation to access customer location
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.