Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems Test 4 in Aurora, Colorado
Engineer Systems Test 4
Requisition ID: 18005516
Location(s): United States-Colorado-Aurora
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking dynamic self-starters to join a team of systems integrators to design, develop, and integrate SW baselines including COTS products, to create a robust data distribution system. The system needs to be scalable to accommodate new data types, additional customer locations, and new mission requirements. The successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills to facilitate collaboration with other program organizations. This is a highly challenging opportunity requiring flexibility and commitment. Candidates will need to be broad in their skills, adaptable to a changing environment, and deliver tasks within budget and schedule. Candidates must have the ability to excel in a diverse government /multi-contractor environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Short and long term integration planning and execution of multiple concurrent baselines, including legacy sustainment. This includes integrating subsystem functionality and COTS products into system capabilities per design with an emphasis on system stability and performance.
• Participating in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers/SETAs and contributing to a broad range of program deliverables.
• Articulating product acceptance standards and streamlining integration in support of the overall enterprise vision.
• Responding to various requests from program management for technical information and assisting in resolution of technical issues.
Some travel may be required. This position is a direct report to the Integration Lead.
• Systems Test Engineer 4 a B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Information Technology, or related technical degree with nine (9) years test development experience; seven (7) years with Master; four (4) years with PhD.
• Ability to identify system design and operational vulnerabilities, and make recommendations to address deficient areas
• Experience deriving requirements to provide technical criteria to software engineers for successful implementation within the software/system development lifecycle.
• Draft Test and Verification procedures with the ability to trace systems requirement to test cases to demonstrate functional compliance
• A hands on mentality and ability as a Test engineer in meeting aggressive schedules and baseline delivery milestones for DT&E1 and DT&E2/3 phases of the program
• Experience in working with government SETAs to successful sell off of program requirements
• Experience working in a Linux environment
• Ability to manage all testing schedules and activities during the formal Test Phase to ensure Test Schedule is met and issues are mitigated with customers
• Demonstrated leadership and project execution skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, to include presenting and briefing to program and/or customer personnel
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance prior to starting.
Current Active TS/SCI with Poly
Knowledge of agile software/system development
Experience delivering operational mission systems
Experience with on-site deployment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems Test 4
Requisition ID: 18005516