Cosma International Material Handle in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is for Magna Cosma Casting MI a division of Magna International.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Material Handler is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and managing all material control related activities in his/her area. Production Supervisor/MaterialsSupervisorwill support the Material Handlers by providing guidance andtools they need in order to be safe and productive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring Inventory levels (Min/Max)
- Performing Cycle counts per cycle count schedule and as needed or requested
- Receiving of purchased parts and materials into the ERP system
- Placing material in its assigned location(s)
- Ensuring material is only placed in its assigned locations and placed according to the area layout
- Pulling/Staging/Delivering material as required to support production
- Maintain First In, First Out inventory (FIFO) on all material
- Preparing loads for shipment per direction or documentation
- Actively participating in all day-to-day activities in Materials Department (including but not limited to: 5S, housekeeping, safety programs, training courses, startup and other meetings as requested)
- Must utilize bar code scanners for receiving, shipping, transfers and cycle countingMeeting all safety and quality standards
- For following established procedures for loading and unloading trailers on the shipping docks
- Load and unload incoming trailers as assigned by the Team Leader or Supervisor
- Maintain and accurately verify all required records and documents
- Maintain the equipment used to load/unload the trailers, and report any problems to the Team leader or Supervisor immediately
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment at all times
- Report to the Team Leader or Supervisor any information in relation to the operations of the shipping docks that could be detrimental to the company (Lack of racks/parts for shipping requirements that are not met, etc.)
- Keep storage areas for empty racks stocked
- Exhibit a team oriented work ethic.
- Support any area that may need assistance, per Management’s direction.
- Understand and promote the Cosma Way philosophies and the Magna Employee Charter
Knowledge and Education
Education, Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to understand and follow routine, oral and written instructions precisely.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Skills and Competencies
- Applicable rules, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures; Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, communication (verbal & written) skills
- Mathematical Skills sufficient to balance counts, determine square footage, percentages, etc.
- Functioning in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project & Visio)
- Self-starter with the ability to formulate a project and see it through to its conclusion
- Decision making abilities to create a win, win, win situation in support of the three legged stool (Customer, Investor, People)
- Must be able to understand written instructions
Group: Cosma International
Division: Cosma Casting Group Office
City: Battle Creek
Job Type: Regular