Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Telemetry, Tracking & Command/Command & Data Handling Subsystem Engineer II (663350) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
TT&C; / Command & Data Handling Engineer II
This position is for an engineer who can work within the Command & Data Handling (CDH) subsystem team to support the definition of requirements, development of the architecture, implementation of the design, and verification of the subsystem for a spacecraft.
What You’ll Do:
- This CDH engineering role is a technical role.
- Work daily with the larger CDH team on technical definition, implementation, and verification.
- Establish strong working relationships within the CDH team and with system engineering team, integration and test team, and peers for the other spacecraft subsystems.
- Support the definition and maintenance of the subsystem architecture and interfaces. A strong hardware backgrounds is required.
- Generate verification and validation plans, and work with Integration and Test team to ensure the subsystem meets requirements.
- Technical writing (procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, analysis support and description documents).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers and management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance desired.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct experience in electronics or avionics subsystem design or test.
- An understanding of requirements definition, decomposition, and flow-down, circuit design, interface definition, hardware specifications, interface control, analyses, and verification.
- Knowledge of electronics designed for EMI/EMC/ESD compliance.
- Experience developing and delivering space qualified hardware.
- Intellectual curiosity combined with a strong desire to learn.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effective in multidisciplinary team work environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Telemetry, Tracking & Command/Command & Data Handling Subsystem Engineer II (663350)
Job ID: 663350
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time