GCP Applied Technologies Field Technical Services Engineer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Field Technical Services Engineer will provide a full range of field technical support to the North America Region of commercial waterproofing, fireproofing and air barriers which will result in a better customer understanding and use of our products, reduce liability, closer GCP/ customer relations and a reinforcing of the “expert” image in the market. The Field Technical Service Engineer will work closely with the sales team in identifying opportunities for business and customer growth through improved field use of GCP portfolio of products and systems and will leverage the field technical role for sales opportunity identification. This position will coordinate with regional managers and local sales teams to implement growth strategies and will work with Cambridge Technical Services, Marketing and R&D; on various development projects, national training programs and assist in managing our warranty program.* *
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong writing/oral communication skills
- Strong planning skills
- Solid technical background
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Able to work in cross-functional environments and be a team player
- Must be mechanically inclined, and should have a background with electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic airless sprayers and troubleshooting.
- Must have business aptitude and interest as this will be a customer-facing role and it will be critical to manage customer relationships and communications on a daily basis
- Should possess good organizational skills and a disposition that is conducive to working on multiple assignments within restricted time limits
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: field trials during product development, introduction of new products, troubleshooting field problems, and technical support activities
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking would be a plus.
- Expected travel is 70 - 75% throughout North America.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred in engineering, construction or related field