Leidos Environmental Health / Industrial Hygiene Technician in CLEVELAND, Ohio
Leidos has a current opening for an Environmental Health/Industrial Hygiene Technician at a client facility in Cleveland, Ohio. The successful applicant will have direct client contact and will receive technical direction from the Industrial Hygiene (IH) team. Helpful and relevant experience includes understanding of building systems and drawings. Familiarity with basic chemistry, physics and an aptitude for hands-on mechanical tasks such as IH sampling equipment maintenance and AED inspections. The fields of expertise within the IH team include: local exhaust ventilation (LEV) systems, respiratory protection, IH exposure assessments, indoor environmental quality (IEQ), IH for construction and ergonomics.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
• Self-starter with a positive attitude and a willingness to work with others and independently
• Review and compliance testing of numerous laboratory LEV systems including collection of air flow measurements and working with IH team to problem solve non-compliant systems
• Interested in and comfortable with periodic hands-on IH mechanical equipment tasks; calibrate and download data from field monitoring equipment such as PID, combustible gas indicator, IEQ meters and noise dosimeters.
• Routine testing and maintenance of AEDs
• Aptitude and ability to learn correct usage of a wide range of field sampling instrumentation and techniques. Capability to read, understand and implement testing procedures.
• Uses computer apps to create detailed daily logs of activities and data in tracking systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database usage
• Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
• Comfortable working at heights for periodic LEV surveys (e.g. roofs, ladders)
• Performs complex field tasks under the direction of an IH
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
High school diploma and a technical bachelor’s degree in a science or related field (chemistry, biology, environmental, engineering, safety), some experience in related field of work may be considered in lieu of degree.
The ideal candidate will have 1 to 5 years of work experience and will receive on-the-job training. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills as the position involves interfacing with client and on-site personnel. Must be able to pass government background check for access to government facilities and systems. Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.