C&J Energy Mechanic Lead WL in Colorado
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Lead Mechanic, maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including the Stimulation service line equipment as well as diesel engines, transmissions, drive-train components, winches, high-pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, air compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mobile cranes, wellhead attachments, pressure equipment, gearboxes, PTO's, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24-volt electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires, wheels, A/C systems, and other energy-services equipment. The Lead Mechanic will also perform additional duties as assigned. The individual in this job role is responsible for the oversight of the shop and less experienced mechanics.
- Must be able to perform and complete, without fault, all Essential Functions required of Entry -- Level 4 Mechanic positions.
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment within the service line and various company specific equipment.
- May perform basic tasks in the office, facility and within the C&J system including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, information gathering on vendor websites, Cummins Insite, Cat ET, Pro Link and applications profiled under myRigs (MyMaintenance, MyAssets, MyPurchasing, MyRequests) and able to obtain information from vendor catalogs all through C&J systems.
- Familiar with company purchasing process and policies.
- Sound understanding of and ability to follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy, procedure and guidelines.
- In specified locations only - Welding capabilities will include material and welding specifications, knowledge of what can and cannot weld, ability to use torch and hot wrench permits, welding vendor certifications.
- Responsible for the oversight of maintenance mechanics and the shop under his/her supervision.
- Possess an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
- Ability to perform and complete work on their own as well as provide motivation and direction to other employees as needed
- Must complete all required C&J's training and comply with C&J's Policies and Procedures
- Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA's are followed.
- Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines.
- Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately.
- Follow, delegate or complete instructions given by supervisory personnel.
- Requires eligibility to drive company vehicles.
- Possesses an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs work on his/her own as well as provides motivation and direction to other employees as needed.
- Must participate in all company provided training.
- Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Most possess certification in the following areas: crane, WCE, lifting paths, electronics calibration, pumping iron and lifting swings.
- Position requires 10%+ travel.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must have attained at least 6 years of on the job experience as a mechanic (heavy equipment preferred) and 6 years of on the job experience in related field and/or completion of technical school in related field.
- Experience with hydraulic power transmission repair in regards to heavy machinery.
- Basic computer skills are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled