TEKsystems A/V Engineer (Digital Signage) in Dearborn, Michigan
We have an opening with a TEKsystems client within the A/V Engineering team. This team works on Audio/Visual and Digital Media. They handle things like WebEx, Webcasting, Cisco Telepresence and Digital Signage within their environment. This specific resource will be mainly responsible for working within the digital signage space. They will be creating the infrastructure in which the designers can upload content on too.
Top 3 Skills
- 3-5 Years of Experience with Digital Signage ; this means working with technologies like Cisco DMM (Digital Media Manager) or Microsoft Visio. They will be implementing information and graphics that are given to them into the client's systems using DMM/Visio so it shows up on the digital signage at client sites.
- 3-5 Years of Experience as an A/V Engineer ; this means that they have been in environments/roles previously that are centered to a company's Audio/Visual teams and initiatives. This could be working with streaming multimedia, v-brick, IP Video Conferencing, WebEx, Webcasting, etc.
- Understanding of Windows or Linux Operating Systems ; the reason that this is important is because the client utilizes AppSpace to manage all of their digital signage tools (Cisco DMM, Visio, etc.). AppSpace runs on a Windows Server with a SQL Database.
Other Important Skills or "Nice to Haves"
- Knowledge of Cisco Telepresence; this team handles responsibility for Cisco Telepresence, which is the video conferencing system at our client.
- Experience working with Web Casting. This team will be heavily involved in webcasting and handling those duties as well, so working with web casting and video end points would help.
- Basic networking knowledge would be helpful in this role. Understanding how routers, switches, firewalls, etc. would be helpful in being a more fluid part of the team.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.