Arconic Maintenance Mechanic A - Off Shift in Dover, New Jersey
Maintenance Mechanic A - Off Shift
Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group:
Engineered Products and Solutions
Various Shifts will include some weekend coverage.
The Maintenance Repair A makes repairs and does preventative maintenance on facility and manufacturing equipment.
Essential Job Functions
· Assists Senior Maintenance in maintaining plant mechanical and building equipment.
· Installs piping and mechanical equipment as directed.
· Able to trouble shoot and repair all routine mechanical failures or malfunctions and acquire some knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Assists in construction and/or repair of all plant equipment.
· Keeps records as required.
· Must be able to perform the duties of a B Maintenance Mechanic
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
· Maintain all assigned work areas in as clean, orderly and safe condition as circumstances permit.
· Frequent lifting, pushing pulling and standing in a manufacturing environment
· Requires the use of a face shield and respirator at times
· TOOLS - Lathe, Welder, Miller, Grinders, Small hand tools and safety equipment, Computers, Vacuum leak detector
· Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
· Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
· Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
· Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
· Attend all EHS training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Must be able to work flexible hours including night and weekends with little advanced notice
2-3 years Industrial Maintenance experience
Familiar with repairs and location of plant air compressors, natural gas and propane systems, sprinkler valves, etc., water systems (city, well and tower boilers)
Minimum Education Required:
High School or GED
Minimum Travel Required:
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover, NJ will only be considered.
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.