Schneider Electric Software Test Automation Engineer in Fort Collins, Colorado
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Pelco by Schneider Electric is looking for a Software Test Automation Engineer. This role will be responsible for designing and developing automated end-to-end tests, covering regression and new features. The role requires a strong software test and test automation background.
Successful candidate will work closely with development teams, test automation engineers, and validation engineers to incrementally increase our test automation coverage, test efficiencies, and improve our overall software development process.
- Analyze requirements, user stories, and understand customer use cases
- Design and implement automation frameworks that work across multiple platforms
- Design and implement performance and load test frameworks
- Explore and prototype with new automation tools and methods
- Maintain and improve continuous deployment environment
- Maintain and update regression test plans as needed
- Maintain physical and virtual test environments
- Provide usability feedback to development teams and UxG designers
- Ability to effectively communicate the progress of test activities, risks, and known roadblocks
- Provide feedback on product testability and product diagnosability
- Stay current latest tools and industry best practices
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in manual testing and test case generation
- 2-3 year of experience building test frameworksthat work across multiple platforms
- API test automation (SOAP/REST)
- Windows GUI test automation (WPF)
- WebUI test automation (AngularJS, React)
- Experience in performance and load testing
- Experience in using and configuring Jenkins
- Experience in maintaining virtual test environments
- Experience in security testing is a plus - understanding of the OWASP top 10 security risks
- Basic scripting knowledge using PowerShell, and Unix
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA as a defect tracking system
- Familiarity using debugging tools such as: Wireshark, Charles, or Fiddler
- Basic understanding of network topologies, architecture, and protocols (TCP/IP, SSL, RTSP and RTP), CCNA training or equivalent related experience is a plus
- Previous experience with large scale enterprise class IP Video Surveillance systems is a plus
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multitask on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: US-Colorado-Fort Collins
Other Locations: US-California-Fresno
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 004I0W