Fluor Design Engineer II in Greenville, South Carolina
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate or complex engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Supplier and Client interface, review and coordination of Supplier’s design and documentation
• Coordination of discipline interfaces for the equipment installation, schedule and cost oversight, and installation support.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 107610BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.