Dow Chemical Instrument Technician in Hemlock, Michigan
The Dow Chemical Companyhas a opening for aInstrument TechnicianinHemlock, MI.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:*
• Safely performing maintenance on valves and instrumentation
• Documentation related to maintenance
• Collaborating in a team or working independently
• Strong commitment to Safety procedures and performance.
• Control system interaction
• Perform instrument Preventative Maintenance
• Troubleshoot instrument operational issues
• Instrument calibrations
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Instrument repair and troubleshooting experience.
• Understand fundamentals of Level, Pressure, Temperature, Flow instruments.
• Understanding of instrument functionality.
• Strong safety mindset.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are skills.
• Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Able to read, write, and speak English.
• Willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Willing and able to work while exposed to all weather conditions and in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and work from elevated places.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Chemical Processing troubleshooting knowledge.
• Journeyman Certification preferred.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.